Green/Gold at Rayburn Country Resort
Brookeland, Texas 75931
Phone(s): (409) 698-1014, (409) 698-2444
Fax: (409) 698-1052
The Green Nine is considered the most difficult because of the tight fairways and challenging approaches.
The Green is also the most enjoyable, opening up with a tough 370-yard dogleg left into a fairway that chutes downhill and a blind approach into an elevated green.
The dreaded 600-yard double dogleg rears its ugly head on the No. 4 hole, bending right, then back downhill to the left and eventually into an elevated green. Bogey is good here because a ravine dominates the left side, and water is behind the green.
Riviere designed the original Gold Nine, which lacks the elevation changes of the other two and has water on only one hole.
Golf course details
- Holes: 18
- Designed by: Jay Riviere, Randolph P. Russell, Robert von Hagge, William Hanna
- Public/Private: Resort
- Year opened: 1968
- Golf Season: Year round
- Guest Policy: Open
- Tee times welcomed: Yes
- Fairways: 419 Bermudagrass
- Greens: Emerald Bermudagrass
- Pro in house: Yes
- Driving range: Yes
- Rental clubs: Yes
- Rental carts: Yes - included in green fees
Green fees price ranges
- Week days: $35
- Weekends: $40 - $59
- Metal spikes allowed: No
- Dress code: No cut offs, Shorts must be of appropriate length, No tank tops or muscle shirts, Golf or collard shirt required
- Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed
Length, slope and rating for each tee