Thorntree Country Club
De Soto, Texas 75115
Phone(s): (972) 296-7317, (972) 296-2146
Fax: (972) 296-5282
Thorntree opened in 1984, and while it has changed ownership multiple times over the years,it remains one of the toughest courses in the DFW area. The course features six lakes and three spring-fed creeks that spice up the layout, as well as immaculate fairways and challenging bent-grass greens.
On the front, No. 5 stands out as one of the most difficult holes – a 400 yard-plus par 4 that runs through a chute of trees and doglegs right into a green sided by a pond.
The back is a bit more difficult, which you’ll realize quickly due to the 666-yard double dogleg No. 10. The next hole is only a 382- yard par 4, but the approach is dicey into the shallow green. No. 13 is another nice hole–only 338 yards with another challenging approach into a green that’s guarded by an old thorn tree.
Getting there : From I-35 south, take the Wintergreen Road exit and turn right. Drive 4 miles to the course, and the entrance is on the right side.
Golf course details
- Holes: 18
- Public/Private: Private
- Year opened: 1983
- Golf Season: Year round
- Guest Policy: Limited non-member play
- Tee times welcomed: Yes
- Fairways: 419 Bermuda Grass
- Greens: Champions Bermuda Grass
- Pro in house: Yes
- Driving range: Yes
- Rental clubs: Yes
- Rental carts: Yes - included in green fees
Green fees price ranges
- Week days: $35 - $65
- Weekends: $45 - $75
- Check prices
- Metal spikes allowed: No
- Dress code: Collared shirt required, Shorts must be a Bermuda length or a style specially designed for golf, denim, short shorts, cut-offs, running shorts, athletic or coaches shorts & sweats, tennis length skirts, T-shirts and tank tops are prohibited.
- Credit cards accepted:
Length, slope and rating for each tee