Tour 18 Houston
Humble, Texas 77338
Phone(s): (281) 540-1818
Fax: (281) 540-1244
Parlaying the successes of the Dallas-area Tour 18, Houston's version of America's greatest holes has become one of Harris County's most popular golf destinations. This one takes advantage of the Southeast Texas pines, with towering trees lining every hole, and the impressive conditions that have made both Tour 18s popular with the public.
Two holes stand out on the front side, and they're not the replicas of Augusta's Amen Corner (5-7 on this track). No. 1 is perhaps the most difficult on the course, intimidating off the tee because it is surrounded by wetlands. You'll need a solid drive to start well on this narrow, 440-yard hole. Bay Hill, La Costa, Inverness, and Pinehurst are also modeled, but the other great hole on the front is No. 9, a version of TPC Sawgrass's island hole.
Texas' own Colonial's third hole makes a showing on No. 12, and you'll get to see what Pebble Beach might feel like on No. 13. And those who've played the Dallas track know that the crew can sometimes get diabolical with their stimp-meter readings and pin placements, which is similar to what happens on No. 15-a replica of Shinnecock Hills' 8th hole. The green on this one slopes so heavily toward the front that a three-jack is almost certain.
Doral rears its head on No. 18, the perfect finishing hole for this track. Play the approach to the right side of the green, away from the water left, just like the pros do when they're protecting that precious lead.
Getting there : From US 59 north, turn right on FM 1960 and drive east for about 2 miles to the course entrance.
- Tour 18 replica golf course in Houston, Texas
- The original Tour 18 Golf Club near Houston still a must-play
- Houston's Tour 18: Where Amen Corner's a replica but the golfing fun is real
- Take on Amen Corner and many more famous holes at Tour 18 Houston in Humble
- Gallery: Sample some of the best holes in golf at Tour 18 Houston in Humble
Golf course details
- Holes: 18
- Designed by: David D. Edsall
- Public/Private: Public
- Year opened: 1992
- Golf Season: Year Round
- Guest Policy: Open
- Tee times welcomed: Yes
- Fairways: Bermuda Grass
- Greens: Bermuda Grass
- Pro in house: Yes
- Driving range: Yes
- Rental clubs: Yes
- Rental carts: Yes - included in green fees
Green fees price ranges
- Week days: $59
- Weekends: $95
- Tee times from $29.95 - Check prices
- Metal spikes allowed: Yes
- Dress code:
- Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed
Length, slope and rating for each tee